Mothers Union AGM report
For those of you who do not know much about the Mothers Union, the first is an extract from their website.
Vision: Our vision is of a world where God's love is shown through loving, respectful, and flourishing relationships.
Aim & Purpose: To demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of the family in its many forms.
Values: Mothers' Union is firmly rooted in a voluntary ethos. Its governance, leadership, and programmes are driven by and undertaken through members around the world as they respond to God's call to faith and action.
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
- We believe in the value of each individual and their unique qualities
- We believe in the value of relationships. Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself."
- We believe in the value of the family in its many forms as a source of love and support for individuals and the basis for a caring community
Burbage Mothers Union
For the past few years we have started the year with our Annual General Meeting. This is followed by a showing of slides and a commentary prepared by the country which has designed the Women’s world Day of Prayer service. Happily we were joined by Pewsey and Upavon branches. We all met again for the Deanery MU quiet afternoon in June at St Katherine’s. The Members meet each month for Holy Communion on the second Wednesday of the month and in the afternoon on the 4th Wednesday for prayer and fellowship. Sometimes we have a speaker. In July we join in the Worldwide Wave of prayer.